Does RT1060 support IAP function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does RT1060 support IAP function

lw3
Contributor I

May I ask how I.MX rt1060 supports IAP functionality? Is there an official demo available for reference?
Previously used ST's F4 and F7 series (Cortex m4/m7), ST has an official website that provides examples of upgrading IAP applications. The basic operation is to reset the APP's stack start address in flash in the bootloader code,
__ Set_ MSP (* (uint32_t *) APP_ FLASH_ ADDRESS;
Then, a jump command can successfully jump to the upgraded APP program.
(pFunction) (* (uint32_t *) (USER-FLASH_ADDRESS+4)) ();
Now that we are using RT1060 as a product, we also need to upgrade to IAP. Is there an example code (command for Cortex-m7) provided that allows us to use this code to jump to different sectors for execution?
Or does the official provide bootloader for the rt1060 series for guidance? Can this directly add some upgrade code to the bootloader to achieve IAP functionality? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Miguel04
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @lw3 

Yes the RT1060 support IAP, you can find information of the APIs on the reference manual chapter 9.13. Also, on the SDK you can find the example evkbmimxrt1060_flexspi_nor_edma_transfer, this example writes on the flash of the EVK. It is important to consider the configuration of the memory changes.

Best Regards, Miguel.

0 Kudos