Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in FlexSPI controller documentation for i.MX RT1170

Jump to solution
TristanV
Contributor I

Hello,

In the documentation about the FlexSPI controller available in the documentation section of the i.MX RT1170 ("i.MX RT1170 MCUs | FlexSPI Controller" available on https://www.nxp.com/design/training/i-mx-rt1170-mcus-flexspi-controller:TIP-IMX-RT1170-CROSSOVER-MCU...), there is a possibility of configuring FlexSPI2 in parallel mode to support a bus size up to 16-bit:

flexspi_doc_1.PNG

However, in section 30.1.3 (FlexSPI connection modes) of the IMXRT1170 reference manual, this option is missing from the table. In the revision notes, I can also see that the following note has been added:

"Added "Note: FlexSPI does not support 16-bit read/write." in the section, "Individual
mode and parallel mode"

Could you please clarify/verify if this option (FlexSPI2 in parallel mode with 16-bit bus size) is available or not for the i.MX RT1170, and especially the i.MX RT1176 ? If not, do you know why this option was dropped?

Thank you for your help.

Tristan

i.MX-RT1170

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TristanV,

Please refer to the Reference Manual about this topic. The RM is constantly updated and adds these types of notes and edits after further testing and reviews are done for the RT1170. The training video you are referring to, however, is outdated as it was posted on 2021 and hasn't been updated since. This is why the Reference Manual is a much better reference for the capabilities and features of the FlexSPI module on the RT1170.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @TristanV,

Please refer to the Reference Manual about this topic. The RM is constantly updated and adds these types of notes and edits after further testing and reviews are done for the RT1170. The training video you are referring to, however, is outdated as it was posted on 2021 and hasn't been updated since. This is why the Reference Manual is a much better reference for the capabilities and features of the FlexSPI module on the RT1170.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

BR,
Edwin.