cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCDC_IN_Q description

Jump to solution
matt0x000C
Contributor II

Could someone tell me the function of the pin DCDC_IN_Q or point me to a reference that describes it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello matt0x000C,

Would you please let us know which i.MXRT MCU are you using?

The DCDC_IN_Q would be the analog power supply used by some analog modules of DCDC. It should have the same source as DCDC_IN, but is split from DCDC_IN to make it more resilient to noise.

In summary, it should be handled the same way as DCDC_IN. The i.MXRT1170 documentation is clearer on this pin, while the i.MXRT1060 documentation for example just list it as part of the DCDC_IN.

You may find more details on how to handle this power supply on the Hardware Design Guide for the i.MXRT you are using (link below for the i.MXRT1050/1060 version, please note that you may need to login to download this document).

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT105060HDUG

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello matt0x000C,

Would you please let us know which i.MXRT MCU are you using?

The DCDC_IN_Q would be the analog power supply used by some analog modules of DCDC. It should have the same source as DCDC_IN, but is split from DCDC_IN to make it more resilient to noise.

In summary, it should be handled the same way as DCDC_IN. The i.MXRT1170 documentation is clearer on this pin, while the i.MXRT1060 documentation for example just list it as part of the DCDC_IN.

You may find more details on how to handle this power supply on the Hardware Design Guide for the i.MXRT you are using (link below for the i.MXRT1050/1060 version, please note that you may need to login to download this document).

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=MIMXRT105060HDUG

I hope that this information helps!

Regards,
Gustavo

0 Kudos
matt0x000C
Contributor II

Hi Gustavo,

Thanks for the explanation! I'm using the i.MXRT1062, but I don't see any references in the HDG specifically about the DCDC_IN_Q pin. 

I noticed on the EVK, it was connected to DCDC_IN, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. 

Thanks!

Matt

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello matt0x000C,

I agree that It’s better not to make assumptions when working with a new MCU, my apologies for the confusion as on the i.MXRT1060 documentation there is no much information on the DCDC_IN_Q pin in particular, but please proceed to handle it like the other DCDC_IN pins.

Regards,
Gustavo