Communication with ROM bootloader of RT118x via BLHOST

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with ROM bootloader of RT118x via BLHOST

hitesh_khanna
Contributor I

I am attempting to establish communication with the ROM bootloader of RT118x via BLHOST. To achieve this, I've connected an EVKMIMXRT1180 to a Raspberry Pi 4 using LPSPI1. I've successfully installed the spsdk on the Raspi4 and attempted to test the SPI communication using the command line interface.

However, upon using the command "blhost --sdio /dev/spidev0.0 get-property 1", I encountered an error: "ERROR:MBoot: Connection issue -> Received an invalid frame header '0X0' when '0X5A' was expected."

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @hitesh_khanna 

Thanks for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

As the RT1180 is the NPI product, so to the technical issues, still don't support it directly in the community.

You already get the RT1180 board, you should already have the FAE contact information, you can contact your local FAE directly about the NPI issues.

I think you already have the RT1180RM, you can refer to the chapter 12.8.2.2 LPSPI Configuration Details.

make sure your LPSPI interface sends out the correct data.

kerryzhou_0-1704861380954.png

BTW, you chip should enter the serial download, and didn't use the USB or the UART to connect it before you use the SPI method.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos