Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary scan issue on i.MXRT1175

Jump to solution
acremonini
Contributor II

Hello,

we're having some issues in performing a boundary scan on our board based on i.MXRT1175.  It looks like the scan correctly connects but the connection falls down after a while, not allowing us to complete the test.
We've tried the test also on MIMXRT1170-EVK, but the result is the same.

We've followed AN12919 (Introduction to Boundary Scan of i.MX RT Series) and i.MXRT1175 bsdl indicates the following compliance pins pattern:

(TEST_MODE, GPIO_LPSR_13, POR_B, ONOFF) (0011)

but there's no way to complete the boundary scan.

In another board we've developed that's based on i.MXRT1062 we've no problem in performing the test.

Is anybody able to complete the boundary scan on i.MXRT1170 family? What are we missing?

Thanks,

Antonio

0 Kudos
1 Solution
acremonini
Contributor II

Thanks Alice,

finally we managed to complete the scan.

The problem was that on our board the Test_Mode pin is floating (following harware design guide suggestions...) but  is mandatory to have it tied to ground to complete boundary scan.

On another board with i.MXRT1176 we had the possibility to mount a resistor on the pin to tie it to ground and finally the test can be completed.

On the EVK we had a different problem, all compliance pin were correctly set but the regulator on the board shut down during the test, so we simply had to mount a pull resistor on the enable pin to complete the test.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
acremonini
Contributor II

Thanks Alice,

finally we managed to complete the scan.

The problem was that on our board the Test_Mode pin is floating (following harware design guide suggestions...) but  is mandatory to have it tied to ground to complete boundary scan.

On another board with i.MXRT1176 we had the possibility to mount a resistor on the pin to tie it to ground and finally the test can be completed.

On the EVK we had a different problem, all compliance pin were correctly set but the regulator on the board shut down during the test, so we simply had to mount a pull resistor on the enable pin to complete the test.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @acremonini 

Please check whether boundary scan mode connection is right, and also confirm it is not disconnect when testing, for example from low to high, then it will exit boundary scan mode.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
acremonini
Contributor II

Hello @Alice_Yang,

we've checked all the signal during boundary scan test and everything seems fine...

Could you try a scan on the evk and post the procedure you follow so we can replicate the same test?

As I said before we can do the scan on our boards with i.MXRT1062 following AN12919. The problem is just on i.MXRT1170 series.

Thanks, 

Antonio 

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @acremonini 

Sorry I haven't the board and boundary scan tool.

Please check is the way to enter boundary scan mode the same between the two board.

And if still have issue, please take a screenshot about your hardware connection, also the error massage on your PC.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos