Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC_ETC triggers with SYNC_MODE

Jump to solution
kurt_staubli
Contributor III

The "IMXRT1060 Processor Reference Manual" states this in "67.3.1 Operations":

If TRIGa_CTRL[SYNC_MODE] is set, the trigger process will control TRIGa and
TRIG(a+4) synchronously. In this mode, the initial delay of TRIGa and TRIG(a+4) is
controlled by the settings of TRIGa, while other settings are independent.

Since a is in the range of 1....8 and in my case I use always SYNC_MODE, I have only 4 different triggers. Is this correct?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kurt_staubli,

I believe my colleague's answer to your first question was in more general terms. The ADC_ETC indeed has 8 external triggers and it indeed supports SyncMode. However, when in sync mode, the operation follows the description mentioned in the RM:

"If TRIGa_CTRL[SYNC_MODE] is set, the trigger process will control TRIGa and
TRIG(a+4) synchronously."

This means that there is effectively 4 triggers, since the 8 triggers are being controlled in pairs.

BR,
Edwin.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kurt_staubli,

Yes, that is correct. Let me know if you have further inquiries about this topic.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
kurt_staubli
Contributor III

I think now that I have two different answer from NXP for one question:

Q:  Is it possible to configure ADC_ETC in a way that it receives 6 triggers and invokes with each trigger two synchronous ADC conversions?

A: Regarding your second question, the ADC_ETC has 8 external triggers input from XBAR. Also supports SyncMode. In this mode, ADC1 and ADC2 are controlled by the same trigger source of ADC_ETC.

Q: The "IMXRT1060 Processor Reference Manual" states this in "67.3.1 Operations":

If TRIGa_CTRL[SYNC_MODE] is set, the trigger process will control TRIGa and
TRIG(a+4) synchronously. In this mode, the initial delay of TRIGa and TRIG(a+4) is
controlled by the settings of TRIGa, while other settings are independent.

Since a is in the range of 1....8 and in my case I use always SYNC_MODE, I have only 4 different triggers. Is this correct?

A: Yes, that is correct. Let me know if you have further inquiries about this topic.

0 Kudos
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @kurt_staubli,

I believe my colleague's answer to your first question was in more general terms. The ADC_ETC indeed has 8 external triggers and it indeed supports SyncMode. However, when in sync mode, the operation follows the description mentioned in the RM:

"If TRIGa_CTRL[SYNC_MODE] is set, the trigger process will control TRIGa and
TRIG(a+4) synchronously."

This means that there is effectively 4 triggers, since the 8 triggers are being controlled in pairs.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos
kurt_staubli
Contributor III

Hi Edwin

Thank you for your answer.

In this case my earlier question here was answered not quite correct or maybe misleading.

Regards,

Kurt

0 Kudos
kurt_staubli
Contributor III

Hi Edwin

In this case my earlier question here was answered not quite correct or maybe misleading.

Regards,

Kurt
0 Kudos
kurt_staubli
Contributor III

Hi Edwin

Regards,

Kurt 

0 Kudos