7 INCH DISPLAY WITH IMXRT1176

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 INCH DISPLAY WITH IMXRT1176

saket
Contributor I

I am trying to interface 7 inch display(RK070CU05H) with imxrt1176, what changes should I make in sdk to make it work ? I have attached datasheet of display.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @saket,

All of the necessary changes should be contained within the 'display_support.c' and 'display_support.h' files, which are under the 'board' folder of our example projects.

From the display_support.h file, you should make sure to adjust the panel width and height and select the appropriate pixel format. The panel controller can stay the same.

From the display_support.c file, you should make sure to adjust the synchronization signals according to your display's specifications (HSW, HFP, VSW, etc.), and ensure the MIPI and the LCD controller and the PHY clocks are properly configured. These clocks are initialized on the routines BOARD_InitMipiDsiClock of the BOARD_InitLcdifClock() respectively.

For more detailed information about the integration of LCD panels with the RT1170, please look into the following application note: AN12940: Use Case of RT1170 LCD Display System based on MIPI DSI – Application Note (nxp.com).

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos

sakethh
Contributor I

Hi @EdwinHz ,

In the SDK fbdev_freertos display example 3 5inch displays and their driver IC's are also mentioned like fsl_rm68200,fsl_hx8394,fsl_rm68191 along with their .c and .h file . So, if i need to implement 7 inch display , there is no driver IC mentioned in RK070CU05H document. what should id do? and how can we configure  MIPI and the LCD controller and the PHY clocks?

0 Kudos

EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @sakethh,

My recommendation would be to use a GUI Guider project with a custom panel of 1024x600 resolution as a base project for your application. This will allow you to customize the graphical interface in a friendly manner, while having a complete project which would only require a few tweaks to make sure it works with your hardware.

BR,
Edwin.

0 Kudos