What is SW_GP1 purpose in i.MX RT 10xx family?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SW_GP1 purpose in i.MX RT 10xx family?

Jump to solution
embeddedev
Contributor II

Could you tell me please what is the purpose of SW_GP1 and how can be used?

I understand that SW_GP2 (128 bits) can be used as AES128 key hardwired to DCP and BEE hardware module but I did not find anything in the documentation related to SW_GP1 (32 bit).
What is the difference between GP1 and SW_GP1? Beside general purpose usage, is there any special usage of SW_GP1 similar to SW_GP2?

Thank you for your support.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
embeddedev
Contributor II

Meanwhile I found following: "The SW_GP1 fuse doesn’t have a pre-defined purpose and isn’t hardwired to any of the crypto blocks. The SW_GP1_LOCK bit is a write and overwrite protection, so when it is set you can still read back the fuse value and use it (SW_GP1_LOCK isn’t a read lock)."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
embeddedev
Contributor II

Thank you Felipe for your reply. Do you know how to use SW_GP1 when it is locked by SW_GP1_LOCK? I mean, if this key is not hardwired to any crypto module then how could somebody use it when locked by SW_GP1_LOCK?

0 Kudos
embeddedev
Contributor II

Meanwhile I found following: "The SW_GP1 fuse doesn’t have a pre-defined purpose and isn’t hardwired to any of the crypto blocks. The SW_GP1_LOCK bit is a write and overwrite protection, so when it is set you can still read back the fuse value and use it (SW_GP1_LOCK isn’t a read lock)."

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

You can use it using fuse shadow memory footprint.

FelipeGarcia_1-1627507960503.png

There is an specific location in OCOTP memory map that reflects the value of SW_GP1.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

SW_GP1 is a space in efuses to store keys. However, other than the size (32 bit) the other difference is that SW_GP1 cannot be used as AES key as is not supported as a key selection in the BEE module.

FelipeGarcia_1-1626449162297.png

Best regards,

Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored. Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

0 Kudos