Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What BDM frequency should Multilink FX talk to RT1052

jamesli
Contributor IV

pastedImage_1.png

Dear all:

This message jump up when I try to talk to RT1052 target board (customized design, not EVK), is there any body know what delay time after reset? What are correct BDM debug shift frequencies?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jian Li,

Normally, meet this problem, is not the debugger problem, it is the hardware problem.

Your Multilink FX can support the RT1052:

PEmicro NXP_iMX iMX Device Support 

From your picture, we also can find the debugger can be found, so you still need to check your own designed board.

To double check your debugger, you also can use Multilink FX to debug the official RT105X board, make sure your debugger really works.

If the official RT105X board works, it means your own designed board really have problem, you need to check your board hardware.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question about it, please kindly let me know.
Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jamesli
Contributor IV

Hi, Kerry:

Thank you for help! I find there are many problems were mixed together. My hardware is correct, but the order they are power up matters. Most time I have to kill redlink server, clean debug link, power re-cycle and re-start MCUXpresso to clear unwanted stuff and let IDE to discover probe and connected automatically, then there is no such message appears. It seems that multilink FX use JTAG port, not SWD like LinkServer does. I prefer Linkserver because its VCOM that offer free communication port for debug.

Jian

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jian,

Thank you for your updated information.

So, can you connect it correctly now with your PE multilink?

About the mutlilink JTAG or SWD port, it can be select in this area:

pastedImage_1.png

Besides, I think, you also can try other IDE like MDK and IAR project, just make sure except the IDE configuration, others all works OK.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos