VGLITE on IMXRT1170 M4 core

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VGLITE on IMXRT1170 M4 core

radoslawp
Contributor III

Hello. I would like to use VGLITE in IMXRT1170-EVK M4 core. There is no example of such a usage so I ported CM7 example vglite_vector to CM4 successfully and run it. However the performance is catastrophic as I get 131 seconds per 1 frame which is ridiculous. The performance should not be much worse than on CM7 as all the graphics calculations are done on gpu2d and filling command buffer does not take much longer. My question is what exactly can be wrong and why there are no examples for vglite cm4 usage ? Thank you in advance for your response.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

radoslawp
Contributor III

FYI

It looks like the code for M4 may not be taken from SDRAM so the same place as framebuffer. When I moved the code to ITCM it is working as expected so it renders as quick as M7.

0 Kudos

radoslawp
Contributor III

I have verified that it takes so much time for GPU2D IRQ to happen so the question is what kind of problem GC355 HW has with the command data it has been delivered and how to check what might be the problem. I have checked GPU2D clock and it is 492MHz as it should be, I checked SDRAM clock and it is 198MHz as it should be.