Using NXP IW416 based WiFi module with i.MXRT1024 MCU / EVK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using NXP IW416 based WiFi module with i.MXRT1024 MCU / EVK

hmark
Contributor I

Does i.MXRT1024 MCU have drivers and mddleware for NXP WiFi?

MCUXpressoSDK contains NXP WiFi support for several NXP WiFi based modules and many i.MXRT processors and EVK's.

But in particular for i.MXRT1024-EVK (MIMXRT1024DAG5A MCU, 256 KB on-chip memory, 4096KB on-chip flash) NXP WiFi support is not listed.

Also trying to follow steps outlined in the link below will not find any WiFi examples, documentation, or WiFi middleware for i.MXRT1024-EVK SDK.

On the other hand for i.MXRT1020-EVK (MIMXRT1021DAG5A MCU, without on-chip flash) has examples for WiFi.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-nxp-wi-fi-modules-using-i-mx-rt-platform:GS-...

Is there some reason for apparently missing NXP WiFi module SDK support for i.MXRT1024, and is there any instructions available to use NXP WiFi module, such as u-blox MAYA-W1 in this case?

Is MCUXpresso SDK WiFi support for i.MXRT1024 to be expected at some point?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

DanielRuvalcaba
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, the RT1024 doesn't support Wi-Fi at the moment and we don't have more information about if it will be supported in the future.

You can take a look to UM11441 for more information. It is available in the SDK documentation of any of the following devices:

DanielRuvalcaba_0-1686160832978.png

Regards,

Daniel.

0 Kudos