Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1052 SAI Audio Synchronization

CallMeFive
Contributor I

As the picture shows:

1.jpg

1. The bluetooth chip ESP32 receives the music played by the cell phone.
  2. The ESP32 sends the received audio data to the SAI2 port of the A1052 via the I2S interface.
  3. The A1052 sends the received audio data to the SAI2 port of the B1052 through the SAI1 port.
  4. The B1052 sends the received data to the Codec for decoding and playback via SAI1.

PS:As ESP32 the Bluetooth chip officially says I2S can only do the master use of its own clock, otherwise there will be packet loss problems;

So there are two clocks in this audio streaming system.
1. the B1052 is playing the received Bluetooth audio data on its own clock.
2. the ESP32 is also sending the received cellular audio data on its own clock.

Such streaming does not guarantee continuous playback of audio data.

So think of the RT1052 MCLK can be configured as input mode, so I want to ESP32 I2S master clock MCLK output to the B1052 SAI2 receive, as shown in the figure, I wonder if this can solve the problem of synchronization of the entire system clock.

2.jpg

I don't know if this is possible, or if there is any other way, please tell me.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @CallMeFive  ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To be honest, I'm not clear with the design, in my opinion, the MCLK and BLACK should be configured according to the audio's specifications, such as sample clock, channel number, bit depth, etc, so it's unnecessary to output the MCLK to B1052 SAI2 receive.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos