RT1024 Bricked on Hard Faults

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT1024 Bricked on Hard Faults

AaronSwift
Contributor I

Why can I not reprogram the RT1024 after a hard fault occurs? The JTAG debugger cannot communicate with the processor core when this happens and we need to use the  NXP-MCUBootUtility-3.4.0 to unbrick the processor. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @AaronSwift,

It is probable that there is a wrong configuration in the project which may be causing the RT1024 to hit a hard fault and cannot be reprogrammed.

MCUBootUtility becomes necessary because the tool uses the ROM Bootloader to communicate with the RT1024. The ROM Bootloader avoids the current image to be executed and erase it to write a new one.

Which hard faults are appearing in the code? Are you using an example or its your own application? Are you using a custom or an EVK from NXP board? Could you please try to replicate this behavior in an NXP EVK board in case you have one to test it?

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

AaronSwift
Contributor I

Hi Raul,

What project configurations could cause this issue? I do not have a hard fault example to give you. However, when this does occur, we cannot attach to the target through the JTAG interface to debug the problem. This problem has been noticed on our custom board and our application code.

0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @AaronSwift,

There are a number of project configuration changes that could cause the issue. Could you please take a look at the following information?

Just for double check, could you please check if the hardware requirements for the RT1020 is being meet? Is your application code working with an NXP EVK board? Are the SDK examples working with your custom board? You could use the SDK examples to compare with your application code to find a possible wrong project configuration.

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos