Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM and flash memory sw setup on custom hw

Jump to solution
angelo_76
Contributor I

Hi,
We are facing some issues when we move our software from dev kit to our custom hw. The major diference between hw is the memoreis size. In our custom hw we are using 16MB for RAm memory and 32MB QSPI flash for program memory. We also adjust the MCUXpresso configuration, but I think we are facing problems with the MPU setup. When I disable the MPU, the SW performace reduces a lot.
The Lvgl works very slow, but sdcard works fine... when I enable MUP, Lvgl runs fast, but Sd card stops to work

Attached you can take a look on our memory configuration on MCUXpresso and our MPU inicialization function. 

Kind regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @angelo_76 ,

This source file is used to configure the FCB, and you may refer to the RM for more details.

Kan_Li_0-1717036329740.png

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @angelo_76 ,

Since you are using 32M flash instead, you have to update the region size as well.

Kan_Li_0-1715763314340.png

Please kindly let me know if the problem is still there.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
angelo_76
Contributor I

Hi @Kan_Li !

Thanks for your response! I'll make the adjust and perform some tests.

Regarding to RAM memory, is it correct the adjustments that I made?

Kind regards!

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @angelo_76 ,

Yes, no issue found regarding the RAM configuration.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
angelo_76
Contributor I

Hi @Kan_Li !

I think RAM memory for custom hw is fine!

I was taking a look at flash, and I have identified the folowwing points to modify:

• As you mentioned, I nedd to change the region size in MPU source file
  • The memory size in MCUXpresso

The source file evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_qspi_config.c  is related to qspi config, witch is according to the evk board. I think is necessary to change this file as well, correct?

evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_qspi_config.cevkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_qspi_config.c

I've highlighted the points that I think I need to change to the corresponding memory size, witch is 32MB. Could you please tell me if I'm missing any change points?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @angelo_76 ,

Yes , you are right, the highlight fields need to be updated according to your custom design.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos
angelo_76
Contributor I

Hi @Kan_Li !

Looks like the changes for RAM and flash worked fine for the custom board.

I just would like to understand what is the role on the system for the source code evkbimxrt1050_flexspi_nor_qspi_config.c. Could you please give me some brief explanation or indicate a literacture about this?

Kind regards!

0 Kudos
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @angelo_76 ,

This source file is used to configure the FCB, and you may refer to the RM for more details.

Kan_Li_0-1717036329740.png

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos