cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming QSPI Flash in Boot_Mode 00b

Jump to solution
twjudge
Contributor I

We are bringing up a custom board using MIMXRT1166DVMA6A in BOOT_MODE[1:0]=00b and we have the QSPI flash connected to FlexSPI1. No eFuses have been set. We are using flash IS25LP128-JBLE.

Our initial goal is to program the QSPI through JTAG/MCUXpresso. We using the MCU Boot Utility to configure the flash properly however we get the error "MCU has entered Flashloader but failed to configure external memory. Please reset board and set proper boot device then try again". 

We reverted back to the MIMXRT1160-EVK board, which uses a similar IS25WP128 QSPI flash, to try to get the proper setup however we run into the same error with BOOT_MODE[1:0]=00b. I feel like there is something simple we are missing. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using MCUBootUtiliy v3.5, please remove below file and try again. it is known issue and will be fixed in v3.6

\NXP-MCUBootUtility\src\targets\MIMXRT1166\flashloader_user.srec

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
twjudge
Contributor I

Great I was able to configure the flash with this tip.

I am now trying to generate an unsigned bootable image and am running into the error "Cannot recognize/convert the format of the image file". I have tried loading the hex, axf, s19 file outputs of the firmware with no success. I am using MCUXpresso for this building off the "evkmimxrt1160_hello_world_cm4/7" SDK example.

Can you provide any guidance on this?

0 Kudos
jay_heng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using MCUBootUtiliy v3.5, please remove below file and try again. it is known issue and will be fixed in v3.6

\NXP-MCUBootUtility\src\targets\MIMXRT1166\flashloader_user.srec

0 Kudos