cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1170-EVK SPI

Jump to solution
Bay
Contributor III

May I know for the MIMXRT1170-EVK board, all the SPI examples in SDK are using SPI1 and need to remove the necessary resistor that mention in the readme.text. 

Bay_0-1694669755572.png

I refer to the RT1170 datasheet there are 6 SPI port available.

1) If I use others SPI port (SPI2-SPI6) is it means I no need to remove any resistor?

2) Just when configure or use SPI1 only need to remove the necessary resistor?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bay ,

Don't worry, you can use 350 degree temp to remove it, it's OK, the board is not easy to be damaged.

I always change the resistor, so I know it, feel free to rework it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bay ,

Thank you for your interest in the NXP MIMXRT product, I would like to provide service for you.

If you check the RT1170-EVK schematic, you will be more clear about it.

kerryzhou_0-1694673571773.png

kerryzhou_1-1694673758138.png

kerryzhou_2-1694673767728.png

You can see, if you don't remove the related resistor, the LPSPI will be connected to the on board wifi or the SPI flash module, it will influence your LPSPI testing.

Answer your questions:

1) If I use others SPI port (SPI2-SPI6) is it means I no need to remove any resistor?

=>Answer: Yes, it's OK to use other SPI module, if it is not connect to the on board other module, you don't need to remove the resistor, but you need to check the schematic, make sure the related pin is fanout.

2) Just when configure or use SPI1 only need to remove the necessary resistor?

=>Answer: To the default SDK demo, you need to remove the resistor, I think remove it is easy to testing, when you want to use the wifi/BT and the spi flash as secondary boot, you need to add that resistor again.

Wish it helps you!

Best Regards,

Kerry

Bay
Contributor III

Thanks for the answer.

How about if we want to solder out the resistor, is there any recommended temperature to set on the soldering iron to solder out the resistor to prevent damage to the board? 

0 Kudos
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @Bay ,

Don't worry, you can use 350 degree temp to remove it, it's OK, the board is not easy to be damaged.

I always change the resistor, so I know it, feel free to rework it.

Best Regards,

Kerry

Bay
Contributor III

Ok, thanks for your quick reply.

0 Kudos