Is there an SVD file for i.MXRT1176 (peripheral registers)?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Is there an SVD file for i.MXRT1176 (peripheral registers)?

1,318 次查看
auftrag2021
Contributor III

can NXP provide the SVD file for imxrt1176 MCU peripheral registers?

we need it on a 3rd party (Segger Ozone) debugging software. 

p.s the MCUXpressor is also a very nice debugging tools, but we need very badly the instruction trace function on the segger tools which MCUXpressor doesn't support yet. 

标记 (1)
0 项奖励
回复
7 回复数

1,312 次查看
ramprakash07
Contributor III

NXP provides the i.MXRT1176 MCU's SVD file for download on their website. This file contains descriptions of peripheral registers for use in various development tools. To use it with Segger Ozone, simply import the SVD file into the project and enable the peripheral register view for debugging. Example code: Project.AddSVDFile('path/to/your/svd/file') and Project.SetPeripheralsViewEnabled(true). Keep in mind that MCUXpresso IDE currently lacks instruction trace function support, but NXP is continuously enhancing its tools and adding new features. Stay updated by checking the release notes for future improvements.

0 项奖励
回复

1,305 次查看
auftrag2021
Contributor III

Hi, thanks a lot for the quick feedback. 

But I couldn't find any svd file information on the NXP imxrt1176 product web site. I had searched it for a quite a long time. 

Would you please share me the link where the svd file I can download?

p.s. some forumer says there is a xml file in the sdk "is" the replacement for the svd file. But I have already tried to import it to Ozone, but it failed

auftrag2021_0-1691151786874.png

0 项奖励
回复

1,284 次查看
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @auftrag2021,

We do not provide an SVD file, we provide an XML file instead, as you rightfully mention. I believe you can convert it to SVD by renaming the file's extension. Try doing this and let me know if you are able to read it after the extension change.

BR,
Edwin.

0 项奖励
回复

1,235 次查看
auftrag2021
Contributor III

I just change the extension name from "xml" to "svd", did try to import it to the Segger Ozone, but unforturantely nothing good happened...

auftrag2021_0-1691233350921.png

after I connected to the target, it came out with failing message

auftrag2021_1-1691234512362.png

0 项奖励
回复

1,182 次查看
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @auftrag2021,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems like a manual modification of the XML file we provide would have to be done in order to enable the 3rd party Ozone debug software to accept it as a compatible SVD file.

BR,
Edwin.

0 项奖励
回复

1,174 次查看
auftrag2021
Contributor III

great thanks for the info. 

Just for my understanding, does it means the "manual modification of the XML" file is not available yet?

May I ask, what is the plan of NXP to implment the suitable SVD or XML file to enable the Segger Ozone peripheral register view?

0 项奖励
回复

1,169 次查看
EdwinHz
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @auftrag2021,

To my knowledge, there are no plans to provide SVD files, since XML format is what works for our software. And yes, we don't provide modified XML files.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Edwin.

0 项奖励
回复