In the web page OTA functionality, what parameters should be considered when the code increases?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the web page OTA functionality, what parameters should be considered when the code increases?

Edward-Liao33
Contributor I

Hi Sir:

In the I.MX RT1062 web page OTA functionality, I'm using the example program provided by the official.

If I want to increases APPs code size to 1.6MB, Which parameters need to be considered for modification?  

The program will occurred "memory fault" event when the variable BL_FEATURE_PRIMARY_IMG_PARTITION_SIZE modify from 0x100000 to 0x200000.

The bootloader version is K200. 

EdwardLiao33_0-1686737451328.png

EdwardLiao33_1-1686737675239.png

Best Regards

Edward

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello
I hope you are well.

Let me check if I understand correctly, do you want to increase the size of the image partition for OTA? Could you please point me to the specific example you are using?

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos

Edward-Liao33
Contributor I

Hi Omar:

Thanks for your kindly reply, please see my answer below.
Do you want to increase the size of the image partition for OTA?
A: Yes, actually, my size of bin file is about 1.5 MBytes. The program operation is fine when bin file under 1MB.

Could you please point me to the specific example you are using?
A: Below show OTA and bootloader are refer example where I get.

EdwardLiao33_1-1686790614235.png

EdwardLiao33_0-1686790598010.png

Best Regards

Edward

0 Kudos

Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Thank you for your additional information.
The example is kind of different on my side, which SDK version are you using? Could you please attach me here the ota_bootloader example so I can check it in more detail?
In theory, it should be enough by modifying the macros but apparently, the bootloader is accessing some areas that should not be accessible.

Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos