cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xen manual not that clear

Ahelion
Contributor IV

Hello experts,

I have been looking into this: https://community.nxp.com/pwmxy87654/attachments/pwmxy87654/imx-processors/171234/1/IMXVIRTUG_ga.pdf

The solutions are old, and buggy, linux 4.14 up to 5.10 reference things called codera something, instead of github, the bitbake from poky does not work with python 3.10, and some modules inside do not build because some patches where not applied.

Anyway, after solving all of them, I build 5.10.52( said to  also include XEN ), but if I add:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen

nothing happens.

I compiled the core-minimal-image before, to have all the packages ready, but still, once I add to local.conf. run command again:

"NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3113 tasks of which 3113 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded."

See, nothing.

Can somebody provided ready made images with a complemete documentation?

the document above contains wording like this:

"

To boot dual Linux Kernel Distributions, partition the SD card (>=16 GB) with 3 partitions:
• The first FAT partition holds "xen", "Image", and "fsl-imx8qm-mek-dom0.dtb".
• The second and third partitions hold Linux Kernel distributions for Dom0 and DomU.
• Burn imx-boot-imx8qmmek-sd.bin-flash to the SD card offset 32 KB.
See uuu.xen-imx8qmmek in the i.MX 8 L4.14.98 GA release for instructions on how to burn the SD
card. Only an SD card boot is supported.

"

How big shall the partitions be?

where is "uuu.xen-imx8qmmek in the i.MX 8 L4.14.98 GA release"?

why does the uuu say things like "waiting for device to appear?" when uuu -lsusb sees it? ( trying to flash android9, somehow I found it, but I am not sure if it is correct).

Br, Mircea

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Instead of codeaurora now go to https://github.com/nxp-imx

Regards

0 Kudos

Ahelion
Contributor IV
anything? some ready made images would be great, just flash and boot....see if the thing actualy works
0 Kudos

Ahelion
Contributor IV
that fix was obvious, how about providing me with info on why if I add xen in local.conf and build again, nothing shows to be building, it just says task finished?
0 Kudos