video playing with background

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video playing with background

sharief
Contributor I
Hello, I am using IMX51 board. Just i compiled my root filesystem with gstreamer in "ltib". after that when i to use gst-launch it is working fine. but the video is plaing with background(ie with kernel messages")i think it is in transparent mode. can anuone tell me how to stop the transparent mode? 
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

c_morini
Contributor I

have you already installed a Xfbdev and xterm packages? if not, please install them.

If yes,after the boot run startx (it will run the windows manager Xfbdev) and open, into the window, a xterm session; Here, you can run a application that use X functions to play gstreamer video.

About application to play media using gstreamer library, and about to play it into a window, look at these websites:

http://www.imxdev.org/wiki/index.php?title=All_Board_Creating_App_Video

http://code.google.com/p/gst-player/

http://www.gstreamer.net/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-base-libs/html/gst-plugins-base-libs-gs...

0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I

yes thank you. I didnt have this "Xfbdev" package even in freescale website. I have this xterm package. Now my question is whether i have to build new file system enabling this packages in configuration? or shall i load dynamically? and even i didnt have "xvideosink" in my gst-inspect.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            My another question is how to make this video into fullscreen?it is playing in small portion of my monitor. Please help me. Thanks a lot "morini".

0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I
I tries this first link which you sent to me..I that i am getting error message. This is the error message         root@freescale /home$ ./playvideo yuvraj.mp4
MPEG4PARSER_05.14.00 build on Aug 6 2009 13:54:26.
MFW_GST_MP4_PARSER_PLUGIN V1.6.0-r1 build on Jan 6 2010 16:52:33.
MFW_GST_V4LSINK_PLUGIN V1.6.0-r1 build on Jan 6 2010 16:52:40.

(playvideo:2121): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "((MfwGstVpuDecCodecs) 38020)" of type `MfwGstVpuDecCodecs' is invalid or out of range for property `codec-'
One element could not be created. Exiting.
root@freescale /home$                                                                                                                                        Please help me 
0 Kudos

c_morini
Contributor I

Check on the X packages of ltib system build and you can find Xfbdev. Without it isn't possible to have a Window where "attach" the video to play.

this is the list of gstreamer's Freescale plugins that you have on your system if you add the package into the ltib build:

mfw_vpudecoder:  mfw_vpudecoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Decoder
mfw_downmixer:  mfw_downmixer: Freescale Audio Down Mixer
mfw_aacplusdecoder:  mfw_aacplusdecoder: Freescale AAC Decoder Plugin
mfw_deinterlacer:  mfw_deinterlacer: Mfw De-interlace
mfw_wma8encoder:  mfw_wma8encoder: freescale wma8 encoder
mfw_audio_pp:  mfw_audio_pp: Freescale Audio Post-process Filter
mfw_vpuencoder:  mfw_vpuencoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Encoder
mfw_aacdecoder:  mfw_aacdecoder: Freescale AAC Decoder Plugin
mfw_v4lsink:  mfw_v4lsink: Freescale: v4l_sink
mfw_v4lsrc:  mfw_v4lsrc: Freescale Video Source plug-in
mfw_avidemuxer:  mfw_avidemuxer: FSL Avi Demuxer
mfw_mp3encoder:  mfw_mp3encoder: freescale mp3 encoder
mfw_mpg2demuxer:  mfw_mpg2demuxer: Freescale MPEG demuxer
mfw_mp4demuxer:  mfw_mp4demuxer: Freescale-Mp4 demuxer plugin
mfw_wma10decoder:  mfw_wma10decoder: Freescale's wma10 decoder
mfw_asfdemuxer:  mfw_asfdemuxer: FSL Asf Demuxer
mfw_mp3decoder:  mfw_mp3decoder: freescale mp3 decoder

the samples that i send to you  must be changed, because you have to use Freescale mfw_* plugin, and not the standard one (ie. mfw_v4lsink and not xvideosink).

try the "playbin" way, because it's easy to implement.

To have a fullscreen window, you must create a X window of the same size of the desktop and "attach", with the command "gst_x_overlay_set_xwindow_id, the gstreamer video on it.

You have to learn how gstreamer and X Windows worksto create your application.

0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I
  Yes i have all this plugins. you are saying i should not use this "mfw_v4lsink". But this is freescale plugin only right? I am confused...Please clear my doubt. And i dont know how to create this playbin. is it easy?i googled for this i didnt undersatnd. Thanks
Message Edited by sharief on 2010-01-09 06:27 AM
0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I

yes i found that how to play with "playbin". when i try to play the video with playbin i am getting this error       "root@freescale ~$ gst-launch playbin uri=/root/yuvraj.mp4 
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
ERROR: from element /GstPlayBin:smileytongue:laybin0: Invalid URI "/root/yuvraj.mp4".
Additional debug info:
gstplaybasebin.c(1674): gen_source_element (): /GstPlayBin:smileytongue:laybin0
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...
root@freescale ~$
" Now i am standng still. It is telling as invalid URI. But the video is in that PATH only. Then how to use this gen_source_element() function? how to implement it? please help me

Message Edited by sharief on 2010-01-09 08:50 AM
0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I

Hello morini, I attached x elements in ltib and i compiled again. By that i got this errors 

checking for XORG... configure: error: Package requirements (xorg-server >= 1.0.99.901 xproto fontsproto ) were not met:

No package 'xorg-server' found
No package 'xproto' found
No package 'fontsproto' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XORG_CFLAGS
and XORG_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
See the pkg-config man page for more details.

error: Bad exit status from /home/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.19123 (%build)

RPM build errors:
Bad exit status from /home/ltib/tmp/rpm-tmp.19123 (%build)
Build time for xserver-xorg-video-fbdev-ipu: 6 seconds

Failed building xserver-xorg-video-fbdev-ipu

f_buildrpms() returned an error, exiting
traceback:
main:560

Started: Mon Jan 11 19:15:14 2010
Ended: Mon Jan 11 19:15:23 2010
Elapsed: 9 seconds

These packages failed to build:
xserver-xorg-video-fbdev-ipu

Build Failed

Exiting on error or interrupt So
please help me. I am struggling to solve this

0 Kudos

sharief
Contributor I

Thanks for your valuable reply. I searched in the documentation. I didnt find how to use x window for playing video. can you suggest me how to use x window? Now i am getting only kernel messages in VGA monitor. Please help me. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

c_morini
Contributor I

Hi sharief,

this happen because gst-launch draw directly on FB if you don't have a high level window manager (i.e.. KDE). 

If you want to play it correctly, the only way is create a simple application, that use gstreamer and X window.

0 Kudos