cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sdcard image for imx8M Nano evk

stevenyu1
Contributor I

Hi 

I am using imx8M nano evk board for my project. I can flash the emmc by using uuu with downloaded pre-build image (zip)

In the zip file, there is sdcard file fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mnevk.sdcard. I used command "sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sdx bs=1M && sync" to copy it to a 32GB sd card. The copy is ok, but the board doesn't boot, there is no output from "debug port"

L4.14.2.3.3_zip.png

I also compiled a core-image-base with yocto. There is this sdard.bz2 file highlighted below in the image directory, like above I used command "sudo dd if=<image name>.sdcard of=/dev/sdx bs=1M && sync" to copy it to a 32GB sd card. The copy is also ok, but the board doesn't boot, there is no output from "debug port"

core image base.png

The switch on board is set to 1100xxxx correctly.

Could you please tell are these .sdcard should be used to as in "imx-linux-users-guide 4.3.2 Copying the full SD card image"?

And a further question why there are so many dtb files in the pre-build image zip file?

Thank you

Steven

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven

one can try latest Demo Images from

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/embedded-linux-for-i-mx-applicat...

follow sect.4.3.2 Copying the full SD card image   i.MX Linux User’s Guide​

$ sudo dd if=<image name>.wic of=/dev/sdx bs=1M && sync

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos