"Unable to load libusb0.dll" with MCUXpresso GUI Flash Tool using P&E Micro Multilink Universal

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to load libusb0.dll" with MCUXpresso GUI Flash Tool using P&E Micro Multilink Universal

Jump to solution
rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi!

I am currently successfully running my (Debug and Release) applications using "Debug Configurations..." but now I only want to flash the image on my board and it does not work.

I am using a PE Micro Multilink Universal with MCUXpresso IDE v11.6.1 on Windows 10 to debug and flash.

When clicking the "GUI Flash Tool" icon, I get the following window, where I select the .axf file for the image to flash. I then click "Run..."

rvigneault_2-1667935832388.png

I end up in the "Probes discovered" window, where I click "OK", which leads me to a prompt telling me that the operation succeeded.

rvigneault_0-1667935363412.pngrvigneault_1-1667935442498.png

But nothing happens on the board, and when I look at the "GUI Flash Tool console for PE Micro probes", I get this output:

Executing flash operation 'Program' (Program file into flash: McuxpressoBootloaderProject.axf) - Tue Nov 08 14:31:28 EST 2022
Checking MCU info...
Scanning for targets...
Executing flash action...
P&E GDB Server for Arm(R) devices, Version 8.85.00.00
Copyright 2018, P&E Microcomputer Systems Inc, All rights reserved
Loading library C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.6.1_8255\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.2.6.202206301831\win32\gdi\unit_ngs_arm_internal.dll ... Done.
Command line arguments: -interface=USBMULTILINK -port=USB1 -speed=5000 -flashobjectfile=C:\Users\username\ProjectPath\McuxpressoBootloaderProject\Release\McuxpressoBootloaderProject.axf -device=NXP_iMX_IMXRT1024 -programmingtype=0 -runafterprogramming -startserver -singlesession -quitafterprogramming
Device selected is NXP_iMX_IMXRT1024
User Specified Hardware Selection : Interface=USBMULTILINK and Port=USB1
Connecting to target.
Unable to load libusb0.dll
PEmicro Interface detected - Flash Version 10.84
Device is NXP_iMX_IMXRT1024.
Mode is In-Circuit Debug.
(C)opyright 2012, P&E Microcomputer Systems, Inc. (www.pemicro.com)
API version is 101
TARGET XML PATH is C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.6.1_8255\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.2.6.202206301831\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\target_v7m_vfp.xml
Server 1 running on 127.0.0.1:7224
Server 2 running on 127.0.0.1:7226
Server 3 running on 127.0.0.1:7228
Server 4 running on 127.0.0.1:7230
Server 5 running on 127.0.0.1:7232
Server 6 running on 127.0.0.1:7234
Server 7 running on 127.0.0.1:7236
Server 8 running on 127.0.0.1:7238
Server 9 running on 127.0.0.1:7240
Server 10 running on 127.0.0.1:7242
Copyright 2022 P&E Microcomputer Systems,Inc.
Command Line :C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.6.1_8255\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.2.6.202206301831\win32\pegdbserver_console -interface=USBMULTILINK -port=USB1 -speed=5000 -flashobjectfile=C:\Users\username\ProjectPath\McuxpressoBootloaderProjecL
PEmicro Interface detected - Flash Version 10.84
CMD>RE
Initializing.
Target has been RESET and is active.
CMD>CM C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.6.1_8255\ide\plugins\com.pemicro.debug.gdbjtag.pne_5.2.6.202206301831\win32\gdi\P&E\supportFiles_ARM\NXP\iMX\nxp_imxrt1024_1x32x1meg.arp
Initializing.
Initialized.
;version 1.00, 08/10/2020, Copyright 2020 P&E Microcomputer Systems, www.pemicro.com [mimxrt1024]
;device nxp, imxrt1024, 1x32x1meg,
;begin_cs device=$60000000, length=$00400000, ram=$20000000
Loading programming algorithm ...
WARNING - Selected .ARP file has been modified. CRC16 = $9131

Programming sequency is : erase, blank check, program, and verify {default}
CMD>VC
Command is inactive for this .ARP file.
VC is not implemented, falling back to VM
CMD>VM
Verifying.
Verified.
Application verified in memory. No need to reprogram.
CMD>GO
All Servers Running
Target Disconnected.

I made a diff of this output with the one of a collegue for which it worked and saw that the following lines are only in my log:

I updated "GNU ARM PEMicro Interface Debugging Support" and even uninstalled and reinstalled MCUXpresso but neither did help.

Any ideas on what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rvigneault
Contributor III

Just to keep this ticket updated, I don't know why but now it works.

There has been many Windows 10 and MCUXpresso SDK updates in the mean time, I guess it might have fix a setup error in my environment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rvigneault
Contributor III

Just to keep this ticket updated, I don't know why but now it works.

There has been many Windows 10 and MCUXpresso SDK updates in the mean time, I guess it might have fix a setup error in my environment.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rvigneault ,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
To be prudent, I'd like to know the platform you tested with, further, does a similar error still happen when you try other debug tools?
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi @jeremyzhou !

The microcontroller we are using is the NXP MIMXRT1024CAG4A.

It is worth confirmation but I don't think that it should be a problem since some colleagues have the exact same setup (same MCU, same debug tool and same MCUXpresso version) but are not getting the "Unable to load libusb0.dll" log and are able to flash the MCU using the GUI Flash Tool.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rvigneault ,
Thanks for your reply.
Today, I try the exact same testing as you did, but I don't encounter the error you mentioned above.

jeremyzhou_0-1668416943964.png

Note: MCUXpresso IDE is v11.6.0
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------o

0 Kudos
rvigneault
Contributor III

Hi @jeremyzhou ,

Thanks for the attempt. You probably have the same output than my colleagues then...

I there anything I can do to give more useful information to locate the problem?

Do you know what libusb0.dll is, what it is used by and how it should be installed or found with/by MCUXpresso?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @rvigneault ,
1) Do you know what libusb0.dll is, what it is used by and how it should be installed or found with/by MCUXpresso?
-- No, I've not encountered the issue, however, I find the missing libusb0.dll seems to be a common issue in Windows, maybe you can try the method in the post, or search more ways via Google.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos