Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

omxplayer can't play specific mp3 file

Jump to solution
allen_kim1
Contributor I

Dear Community

we have a problem  playing mp3  ( android 5.1.1-2.1.0 GA , imx6dl sabresd board ) on omxplayer

Some specific mp3 file cannot play on omxplayer  

i read mp3 file on mp3tag program(http://www.mp3tag.de/en/)  and just save it without modify tag vale http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

andthen that mp3 file can play on omxplayer 

174378_174378.pngpastedImage_7.png

attached file 

no_play.txt  :  cannot play 001(AKB48)XXXXX.mp3 ( issue.mp3  on above picture ) --> android display "The player doesn't support this type of audio file"

play.txt : can play 001(AKB48)XXXX_play_OK.mp3 ( issue_tagsaved.mp3 on above picture )

mp3tag program 

174379_174379.pngpastedImage_8.png

we read mp3 file and save without modify tag value   -> 001(AKB48)XXXX_play_OK.mp3

i checked omxplayer source(device/fsl-codec/ghdr/common/fsl_parser.h) , there are comment about all strings in the stream  should be utf-8

please guide some point about this issue

Thanks BR

Original Attachment has been moved to: play.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: no_play.txt.zip

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
king_jin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I compared 001(AKB48)XXXX_play_OK.mp3 with 001(AKB48)XXXX.mp3, the id3 data in the two files are different, eg. the id3 flag. That's why the playback of the two files are different.
For 001(AKB48)XXXX.mp3, the issue comes from id3 parser. parser takes to much time to parse the tag, it can play after I optimised it. Please use lib_mp3_parser_arm11_elinux.3.0.so to test again.

Regards

King

View solution in original post

2 Replies
king_jin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I compared 001(AKB48)XXXX_play_OK.mp3 with 001(AKB48)XXXX.mp3, the id3 data in the two files are different, eg. the id3 flag. That's why the playback of the two files are different.
For 001(AKB48)XXXX.mp3, the issue comes from id3 parser. parser takes to much time to parse the tag, it can play after I optimised it. Please use lib_mp3_parser_arm11_elinux.3.0.so to test again.

Regards

King

allen_kim1
Contributor I

Thanks King

it works

0 Kudos