mxc_ipudev_test sample is missing struct ipu_task

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mxc_ipudev_test sample is missing struct ipu_task

StevieRG
Contributor II

Dear all, I have a problem building the mxc_ipudev_test sample in the imx-test suite, looks like there is an undefined structure.

I've tried a complete re-unpack of the imx_test using:
./ltib -p imx-test -m prep

Then a build using ./ltib yields loads of errors:

make -C mxc_ipudev_test
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/revo/ltib/rpm/BUILD/imx-test-11.09.01/test/mxc_ipudev_test'
mkdir -p /home/revo/ltib/rpm/BUILD/imx-test-11.09.01/platform/IMX51/
In file included from mxc_ipudev_test.c:35:
mxc_ipudev_test.h:28: error: field 'task' has incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c: In function 'process_cmdline':
mxc_ipudev_test.c:56: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c:56: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c:57: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c:58: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c: In function 'dump_ipu_task':
mxc_ipudev_test.c:110: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
mxc_ipudev_test.c:111: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
............. and many more errors the same.

Looking at file "mxc_ipudev_test.h" line 28 (the first error) it uses an undefined structure "struct ipu_task" which appears to be the root of all these 'incomplete type' errors. But I can't find the declaration of this structure anywhere - I even did a total grep of my hard drive for all files containing the term "ipu_task" but not found. Am I maybe missing an updated header? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

StevieRG
Contributor II

I looked at this a while ago. In the end I reverse engineered the declaration of "struct ipu_task" by looking at how it is used in the function dump_ipu_task() in file mxc_ipudev_test.c, but couldn't be confident of the right member ordering.

However, in general I found because of the lack of information on how to use the IPU interface via the "file descriptor and ioctl" method used in that example, I chose to use the IPU examples from the previous BSP instead, which are much better documented and work very well. I can make the IPU do pretty well anything using this older method. I converted the previous BSP examples to build under the new (11.09) BSP and posted them here, if they are useful to you:

http://imxcommunity.org/group/graphics-display/forum/topics/info-us...

0 Kudos

StevieRG
Contributor II

Hi @jacky, sorry no I did not get a fix for this, I'd be grateful if anyone does have a fix though and could help us out.

0 Kudos

JackyHuang
Contributor III

I facing  the same issue too

Did you get the resolution?

0 Kudos