mx6sl use M4 (baremetal) with remoteproc... any samples?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx6sl use M4 (baremetal) with remoteproc... any samples?

marcoreppenhage
Contributor I

Hi everybody!

I want to use the M4 in the imx6sl for some realtime action. The code is already written and tested using JTAG behind a eclipse IDE. Now I got some "Pure" C-Code and in our company we use "Remoteproc" to bring up the subcores of the SoCs we use. 

Until now I backported the remoteproc functionality in the 3.19 Kernel we use and I have to build the ELF-Image. 

My question: Before I develop everything on my own -> Are there any samples using remoteproc on any IMX-Processor?

I have to build a plain Makefile project using Gnu-Toolchain... The components I'm locking for: 

Linkerscript, Ressource Table header file to use remoteproc and maybe: Assembler-Startup-Snipped (Bootloader, Vector Table... just to be sure). 

Using remoteproc is my goal... not writing a binary from U-Boot in some excluded memory (done in free rtos-project). 

Is anybody out there who can help me saving a lot of time? 

TNX... Marco.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

santhosh_nadig
Contributor I

I have the same question as you. Just wondering if you got an answer for how to use remoteproc to boot M4 (not U-boot).

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,
The i.MX6SL does not have M4 core, it is just a single A9 core. If you are looking for an i.MX6 with M4 co-processor, you could refer to the i.MX6SX, which include A9 and M4 cores:

i.MX 6SoloX Applications Processors | Arm® Cortex®-A9, Cortex-M4 |NXP 

For additional details regarding communication between asymmetric cores on the i.MX6SX, you could refer to the following links:

MCC library For FreeRtos 

Running RPMsg Demo Applications for Multicore Communication with IMX6SX and IMX7D 

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos