cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

./mkimage_uboot: Can't open u-boot.itb.tmp: No such file or directory

santhosh2
Contributor IV

Hi,

when im trying to get flash.bin for IMX8MM using imx-mkimage, but im getting below error

make SOC=iMX8MM flash_evk

./../scripts/pad_image.sh bl31.bin TEE_LOAD_ADDR=0xbe000000 ATF_LOAD_ADDR=0x00920000 ./mkimage_fit_atf.sh fsl-imx8mm-evk.dtb > u-boot.its bl31.bin size: 49520 u-boot-nodtb.bin size: 852352 fsl-imx8mm-evk.dtb size: 26213 ./mkimage_uboot -E -p 0x3000 -f u-boot.its u-boot.itb sh: 1: dtc: not found ./mkimage_uboot: Can't open u-boot.itb.tmp: No such file or directory soc.mak:86: recipe for target 'u-boot.itb' failed make[1]: *** [u-boot.itb] Error 255 Makefile:19: recipe for target 'flash_evk' failed make: *** [flash_evk] Error 2

Advice how to resolve

Regards

Santhosh Kumar

6 Replies

saikumarmails
Contributor II

Hi,

I had the similar issue and you need to follow steps in section "4.5.13" from the Linux user's guide as diegoadrian‌ mentioned above

This error will be resolved if you

•    Copy u-boot-nodtb.bin from u-boot/u-boot-nodtb.bin to imx-mkimage/iMX8M/

and give a make command

0 Kudos

vsuneja63
Contributor III

Hi,

I am facing the similar issue. I downloaded Linux user guide but didn't get such section in that.

Can you please share the link for the one you are referring?

I have already copied u-boot-nodtb.bin to the relevant path.

0 Kudos

saikumarmails
Contributor II

Hi vsuneja63@gmail.com,

In link, under "supporting information" you can select a version of your choice (for example: L4.14.98_2.2.0_LINUX_DOCS) and you get a zipped folder which contains the "Linux User's Guide" among others.

I think you need to have a NXP login to download, sign up if you haven't already.

Thanks

0 Kudos

kentlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The message "sh: 1: dtc: not found " embedded in the above error message.

it needs to install the device tree compiler.

apt-get install device-tree-compiler

Best Regards,

Kent

Lenuxon
Contributor I

hello,after install dtc:

./mkimage_uboot -E -p 0x3000 -f u-boot-ddr4-evk.its u-boot-ddr4-evk.itb
u-boot-ddr4-evk.its:7.11-14.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /images/uboot@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
u-boot-ddr4-evk.its:15.9-20.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /images/fdt@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
u-boot-ddr4-evk.its:21.9-29.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /images/atf@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
u-boot-ddr4-evk.its:34.12-39.5: Warning (unit_address_vs_reg): /configurations/config@1: node has a unit name, but no reg property
FIT description: Configuration to load ATF before U-Boot
make[1]: *** [soc.mak:162: u-boot-ddr4-evk.itb] 段错误 (核心已转储)
make[1]: *** 正在删除文件“u-boot-ddr4-evk.itb”
make: *** [Makefile:23:flash_ddr4_evk] 错误 2

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I recommend you to follow the steps 4.5.12 from the Linux user's guide. There you could find how to build U-Boot on a stand-alone environment. Hope this can help you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos