'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries

huangzhaocn
Contributor I

I have installed the standard SDK. I want to use the cross toolchain to build an application for iMX6ULL, but when I make menuconfig, there is an ERROR occur. How can I solve this problem?

~$ source /opt/fsl-imx-fb/4.1.15-2.0.0/environment-setup-cortexa7hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

~$ cd swupdate/

~/swupdate$ make distclean
rm -rf build/*

~/swupdate$ make menuconfig
HOSTCC scripts/basic/fixdep
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.c
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.lex.c
SHIPPED scripts/kconfig/zconf.hash.c
HOSTCC scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
*** Unable to find the ncurses libraries or the
*** required header files.
*** 'make menuconfig' requires the ncurses libraries.
*** Install ncurses (ncurses-devel) and try again.
make[1]: *** [scripts/kconfig/dochecklxdialog] ERROR 1
make: *** [menuconfig] ERROR 2

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhao,

- In your Linux host did you installed 'ncurses-dev'?

- After instal package mentioned above please try bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

huangzhaocn
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I have installed 'ncurses-dev' in my Linux host. And I try 'bitbake linux-imx -c menuconfig' after execute the shell command 'cd fsl-release-bsp' and 'DISTRO=fsl-imx-fb MACHINE=imx6ull14x14evk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b build-fb-imx6ull14x14evk', the menuconfig is work. But the swupdate source code folder is out of the fsl-release-bsp folder, and I want to cross compile this application through the cross-toolchain. How can I do that? I'm not familiar with the Yocto. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhao,

The sequence below can be used to cros compile hello.c application.

$ bitbake meta-toolchain

$ sh tmp/deploy/sdk/poky-eglibc-x86_64-arm-toolchain-1.4.1.sh

$ source /opt/poky/1.4.1/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi

$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v

$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc hello.c -o hello

then you can copy the output file into the sdcard with Linux image and once it is running you can execute such application.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos