make: *** No rule to make target `device/generic/armv7-a-neon/root_overlay/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb', needed by `out/target/product/armv7-a-neon/root/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb'. Stop. make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make: *** No rule to make target `device/generic/armv7-a-neon/root_overlay/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb', needed by `out/target/product/armv7-a-neon/root/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb'. Stop. make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

shraddhashinde
Contributor I

I am trying to troubleshoot this issue with my build . Now I dont think I can do this myself. I need help and guidance.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this error in the android build.

I am using this link.

Building and Deploying Vanilla/AOSP Android 4.4.4 for the Wandboard | Using Android in Industrial Automation

I replace the armv7-a-neon/ folder with the one from serverbox_wandboard_android . This build had gone successfully for first time. Then I did something wrong not able to fix this. I tried deleting the whole armv7-a-neon/ and then fetching a good one from the source and copying serverbox_wandboard to that but still this error.

make: *** No rule to make target `device/generic/armv7-a-neon/root_overlay/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb', needed by `out/target/product/armv7-a-neon/root/boot/imx6q-wandboard.dtb'.  Stop.

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

still no good.

Please help. Kind Regards.

Shraddha

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

shraddhashinde
Contributor I

I saw that the files that the make was asking were actually symlinks that were broken. I make the links and it was corrected. Thank you . But looks like unless i ask I cannot think well.

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you checked that he Makefile actually contains the .dtb gegeneration option? It seems that the Makefile or script used to generate the .dtb does not recognize that option.

Alejandro

0 Kudos