cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linux3.1 with mxs_defconfig hangs up when booting the kernel

walmit
Contributor I

Dear all,

I am trying to get an i.MX28 EVK board running with a 3.1 kernel compiled with buildroot.

To start the linux kernel, I am using the Freescale ROM bootloader as provided by the buildroot mxs-bootlets package.

For the kernel, I am using the standard mxs_defconfig config file available in the 3.1 kernel.

When trying the boot the bootstream from USB via the sbloader tool, the kernel seems to hang at kernel booting:

PowerPrep start initialize power...

Battery Voltage = 2.21V

No battery or bad battery                                       detected!!!.Disabling battery                                   voltage measurements./r/nLLLCMar 11 201513:21:31

FRAC 0x92925552

memory type is DDR2

Wait for ddr ready 1power 0x00820616

Frac 0x92925552

start change cpu freq

hbus 0x00000003

cpu 0x00010001

start test memory accress

ddr2 0x40000000

finish simple test

LLLLLLLFLCLLJUncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

I have seen on several posts on this forum that such issue could be related to serial interface name. I specified in the kernel boot arguments the use of ttyAMA0 but this does not solve the issue

Would anyone have get a 3.1 kernel with the mxs_defconfig config file running on the iMX28 EVK?

Would anyone already have faced such boot problem?

Many thanks in advance for any answer.

Best regards

Adrien

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

it is ttyAM0. should add this in bootargs like : console=ttyAM0,115200

0 Kudos

walmit
Contributor I

Hello Jimmy,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I tried it but I am still facing the same issue. I suppose that the parameters I am using on the host side are OK (baud: 115200, data bits: 8, stop bits:1, parity: None, Flow control: None).

Is there any way to know if the problem comes from the tty interface or if the kernel is hanging?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Best regards

0 Kudos