cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel config IOmux

faustosessego1
Contributor III

Hi,
I configured all peripehricals / IO into u-boot.
I know there is the possibility to call the number 0x80000000 into kernel to get the previous setting:

for example

&iomuxc {      pinctrl-names = "default";      pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_hog>;       hog {           pinctrl_hog: hoggrp {           fsl,pins = <                 /* gpio-leds */                MX6QDL_PAD_EIM_D28__GPIO3_IO28 0x80000000                MX6QDL_PAD_EIM_A25__GPIO5_IO02 0x80000000                 /* J11 pins 32, 34, 36, 38 */                MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT8__GPIO5_IO26     8                MX6QDL_PAD_CSI0_DAT9__GPIO5_IO27     8                MX6QDL_PAD_KEY_COL1__GPIO4_IO08          8                MX6QDL_PAD_KEY_ROW1__GPIO4_IO09          8           >;           };      }; };

In this way, i avoid to configure again the IO.

What do you suggest?

To configure all pin into u-boot and after to call 0x80000000 for all IO into kernel, or to configure again?

What is it the correct procedure?

thank you

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fausto

you are right, according to linux/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pinctrl/fsl,imx-pinctrl.txt :

Bits used for CONFIG:
NO_PAD_CTL(1 << 31): indicate this pin does not need config. 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

faustosessego1
Contributor III

Ok,

what is the best practice?

To set all peripherals into u-boot and after to call NO_PAD_CTL(1 << 31)?

Thanks

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe both options are acceptable.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos