cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue on CAN communication while enabling RT PREEMPT in Linux

AkashL_
Contributor I

Hai NXP team

We are presently using the RTC PCF85263A with an iMX6ULL processor, running Linux 5.15.52 on Yocto 4.0. Additionally,

I have added this RT-Patch to my Linux kernel even though it is not the same version as my Linux kernel:

https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/5.15/older/patch-5.15.55-rt48.patch.gz

Additionally, I have enabled the CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT in the kernel. Before enabling this, every interface was working perfectly. However, after enabling it, I can't send or receive CAN data. Is there anything I need to change or am I missing out on something? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Akash

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot open your patch file, could you share it here?
Also, please make sure that you have ported your patch correctly for the kernel version you're using.

Best regards/Saludos,
Aldo.

0 Kudos

AkashL_
Contributor I

hello AldoG,
As I mentioned earlier, we are using Linux version 5.15.52. However, I couldn't find the exact kernel version for the Real-Time (RT) Patch. So, we applied the patch for version 5.15.54, which I have attached since versions 5.15.52, 5.15.53, and 5.15.54 were not available.

I successfully added the patch to my kernel, except for two files in the kernel source. I manually added these two files, but they were not included in the patch due to a line mismatch.

It's important to mention that in this patch, CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT is not enabled, but CONFIG_PREEMPT is enabled. after that we enable Fully Preemptible Kernel (CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT)

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos