cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8qxp mek scu watchdog status

andrei65
Contributor I

Hello,

we are using imx8qxp mek and linux-imx 5.4, we modified u-boot so user could set it to start watchdog before load kernel, and question is what is correct way to define in linux if scu watchdog was started by u-boot.

according to scu firmware documentation (from imx-scfw-porting-kit-1.7.3) it has

sc_timer_get_wdog_status and sc_timer_pt_get_wdog_status functions,

sc_timer_get_wdog_status() works, but only returns timeout and remaining time, so enabled/disabled status could only be defined indirectly; sc_timer_pt_get_wdog_status() from other hand should also return enabled flag, but it required partition number as parameter. How could we know correct partition number?

firmware docs also say there is sc_rm_get_partition() function, but look like calls to resource manager functions are not implemented in 5.4 kernel. Problem here also is that look like parameters, passed by scu-wdt driver to arm_smc, call doesn't fit with scfw docs, for example to access timer function it passes 0xC2000002 magic and function number and it doesn't matches with docs. Please point me where I could find such parameters to call resource manager sc_rm_get_partition() function.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andrei

L5.4 kernel is outdated, may be recommended to try latest Linux 5.10.35_2.0.0 and   SCFW Porting Kit​ 1.9.0

Since wdog is not supported in nxp uboot releases, one can look at wdog examples (folder ../driver_examples/wdog32) in M4 SDK_MEK-MIMX8QX available on

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos