cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mm | issues while trying to capture a pic using v4l2src via mipi csi

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

Hello Team,

I have build a new image using $ bitbake imx-image-full from https://github.com/nxp based kirkstone 5.15.52-2.1.0 BSP.

after successfully build and deploying the 'full' image I tried to use Gstermer to capture a picture using mipi csi.

by using the following command

$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1 ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=/tmp/pic_one.jpg

I got the following error:

Spoiler

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...

Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...

Pipeline is PREROLLED ...

Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Internal data stream error.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src1: Internal data stream error.

Additional debug info:

../git/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c(3127): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:

streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Additional debug info:

../git/libs/gst/base/gstbasesrc.c(3127): gst_base_src_loop (): /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src1:

streaming stopped, reason not-negotiated (-4)

ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.

Execution ended after 0:00:00.000408375

Setting pipeline to NULL ...

Freeing pipeline ...

BTW, When I was trying to use the above command using with NXP prebuild downloadable image from the NXP website, the command worked fine...

Could you please advise back on what could be the issues, also I found out there are some missing tools such as "lsusb" and "ping"?

Waiting for your kind feedback, Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,

Shai

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JosephAtNXP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please provide the outputs for 

$ v4l2-ctl --list-devices

And try the next commands

$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! waylandsink
$ gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src num-buffers=1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=capture.jpg

Thank you, regards

shai_b
Senior Contributor II

@JosephAtNXP ,

Thanks, I will check it out, but in the meanwhile could you please advise how I can add the additional toolsets such as "ping" and "clear"?

somehow these tools sets are included in the NXP pre-build image but when I build my own image these toolsets do not include 

Wating for your kind feedback, many thanks.

KR,

Shai

0 Kudos