cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6q bsp IMX6_M6.0.1_2.1.0_ANDROID_BSP_sabresd mipi dsi phy lock timeout

leeshuai
Contributor III

Hi community,

SABRE Platform and SABRE Board based on i.MX 6QuadPlus, i.MX 6Quad and i.MX 6DualLite  built for reference board  not support mipi lcd panel TRULY WVGA LCD Modue(TFT 720 x1280).,I have port software for custom board.

I  do  test on system deep sleep and wake-up,when system wake up,the mipi lcd can't show anything ,kernel log prompts that " mipi dsi phy lock timeout"

If  no phy lock time out, the MIPI_DSI_PHY_STATUS readed  value is 0x15BD,

If  phy lock time out, it prints 0x1528

refer to imx6DQRM.pdf,when phy lock timeout ,phylock is0,lane 0 and lane 1 not in stop state

AA.png

At present, it may be that mipi dsi pll did not initialize successfully,SO lane can't enter LP11 stop.mode 

Is there any way to check why pll initialization failed?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi leeshuai

there are specific suspend/resime codes for HX8369 display used with Sabre SD board :
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/commit/?h=imx_3.0.35_4.0.0_caf&id=04d80d397bac9...
msleep(5) in the mxcfb_HX8369_wvga.c is required to give proper reset timing to panel per its datasheet.
You should verify power-up sequence for custom lcd, if it suits or not then change or remove this patch
so custom lcd power-up sequence was satisfied.
Also check in datasheet what mode (mipi_dsi_set_mode(mipi_dsi, false/true);) should be used for custom lcd initialization.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

leeshuai
Contributor III

Hi igorpadykov

Mipi dsi phy lock timeout appears randomly

Before I do test on system wakeup from deep sleep,the patch you mentioned alread apply on IMX6_M6.0.1_2.1.0_ANDROID_BSP_sabresd source code,

Beside according to LCD specification,I have add msleep(150) in the mxcfb_HX8369_wvga.c,as below

微信图片_20201030091357.png

function mipi_dsi_power_on  @mipi_dsi.c  patched :

微信图片_20201030094040.png

I have check  the lcd power supply is stable and reset sequence Satisfied when system wake up from deep sleep.

Even when the lcd cable is not connected, the mipi dsi pll fails to initialize,

Whether pll has failed to initialize before communicating with lcd,as lcd not plug in

Best regards
lee 

0 Kudos