cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx27 board using atk tools program image issue

zhangjay
Contributor II

Dear all,

I have 2 boards, one is the imx27ads boards and another is designed by ourselves, on our own board , when I program the image file into board's flash, get the error:

Can not execute RAM Kernel

I check the atk tool source, I find when execute the Bootstrap End Indication Operation, I got the error response(0x88888808), 0x88888888 is correct.

After that I compare the 2 boards log(listen to PC serial port write/read), got the log(refer to the attachment files), I find the first difference is when execute the download command, as below

5500_5500.pngQQ截图20130807111527.png

from the imx27ads board I got:

04 04 A0 00 40 00 00 00 00 BC C0 00 00 00 00 00

from our board I got:

04 04 A0 00 40 00 00 00 00 2F 30 00 00 00 00 00

I have program the same image file

All is the same but the Number of byte to be written in Hex,  I don't know why on our board the size is so small.

In code, the size is desided here:

gui_application/FlashToolDlg.cpp:

// open image file   fp = fopen(m_strImageName, "rb");   if (!fp)   {   InsertLog(CString("Can not open image file:") + m_strImageName);   return FALSE;   }   // get file size   if (stat(m_strImageName, &fstat) != 0)   {   InsertLog(CString("Can not open image file:") + m_strImageName);   fclose(fp);   return FALSE;   }   size = fstat.st_size;   buffer = new unsigned char[size];   // read image file data to buffer   fread(buffer, 1, size, fp);   fclose(fp);

Why I program the same image file but I got the different size of file?

Original Attachment has been moved to: IMX27开发板串口监控1.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: IMX27-0201.txt.zip

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

zhangjay
Contributor II

Anyone can help me?

Sorry for my poor English!!

Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Perhaps SDRAM memory on the target is not fully working. It makes sense to test memory.

The enclosed is very simple my example how to test memory via ARM block copy instructions;

code may be loaded via UART bootloader ("mx27_com_load.bat") and is running in internal
i.MX27 RAM.

You may try adapt it for Your design.

zhangjay
Contributor II

Dear Yuri,

Thanks for your tool, I have tried it.

Select the boot piin 0000(flash mode), I can get the log in file "a", that successfully program the test.bin into flash.

After that, I select the 0010 normal mode, I cannot get data with uart port 1.

I check the C file, I cannot find the place to set the uart baund rate.

Now our board can program image files with atk tolls, but when set to the 8-bit nandflash mode (0010) to boot up, I cannot get the log which print in bootloader.

I find the ddr clock is strange, at first the clock has 32k, after a few time there is no.

Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos