cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx 537 - booting from NAND.

Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi all,

We have some designed a board with an imx537-cpu.

We are trying to boot these boards from NAND (MT29F16G08ABACA).

BUT, at this time only a couple of boards are CORRECTLY booting from NAND (2 are booting, 8 are not booting).

When booting from an SD-card, I can WRITE en READ from NAND on all of the BOARDS without errors.

When verifying a dumped image of one of the boards that is not booting correctly from NAND, (meaning dump of the Uboot and FCB table) all seems to be fine.

The NAND is not containing bad block’s into the first 100 MB’s ..

The FCB table and uboot image is written to NAND without errors (this is done with a kernel that has been booting from SD-card)

When a board is not booting form NAND, we end-up into the serial boot loader.

I've been double checking all things I can think of... (boot cfg - jumpers).... timing (with scope) .. We even have read-back the configuration registers (by usage of the serial boat-loader)

Anyone out there that can give me a hint on what to check next?

Is there a way of reading out ‘something’, that tells us why we end up into the serial boat-loader?

Regards Noel

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Noel_V
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for the ANSWER..

>>Maybe you can check the SRC_SBMR register when failed to boot, if its value is not correct,

>>maybe there is some hardware issue on the boot config.

We already did this, and it seems to be Ok.

>>If your board can reset the iMX53, another thing can be tried, just reset the iMX53 and keep NAND power on,

>>in this case if the board can always boot, maybe the NAND power is too later on your board.

We also have tried this, but in order to be 100% sure I'll retry it once more.

We have spend a whole week on this item NAND boot failure(s)

(We have double checked the power-on phase with the scope... we do not see an error in this).

No improvement, so far

Regards Noel

Regards Noel

Qiang Li said:

Maybe you can check the SRC_SBMR register when failed to boot, if its value is not correct, maybe there is some hardware issue on the boot config.
If your board can reset the iMX53, another thing can be tried, just reset the iMX53 and keep NAND power on, in this case if the board can always boot, maybe the NAND power is too later on your board.

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Maybe you can check the SRC_SBMR register when failed to boot, if its value is not correct, maybe there is some hardware issue on the boot config.
If your board can reset the iMX53, another thing can be tried, just reset the iMX53 and keep NAND power on, in this case if the board can always boot, maybe the NAND power is too later on your board.

0 Kudos