cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

im7: reset the board using wdog 4

vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a watchdog driver for my secure kernel, and I decided to use WDOG 4.

I setting the wdog as follow (timeout is 9 seconds, service event 2 seconds before)

WCR register := (17 << 8) | WCR_SRS | WCR_WDE

then I service the wdog with the 0x5555 0xaaaa sequence to make it start.

I have two issues:

- if I use WDOG1, I correctly get the interrupt after 7 seconds to be able to service it. I don't service it and 2 seconds later the boards reset, but U-boot hangs. I only get

U-Boot SPL 2015.04-00003-gdefdcdc (Aug 05 2016 - 10:00:29)

and the boards is stuck

- if I use WDOG4, I get the interrupt after 7 seconds. I don't service it and the board never reset.

How can I reset the board using wdog4 ?

Best,

Vincent

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

hemanttiwari199
Contributor III

Hi,

I was going through the Design files for i.MX 7Dual (REV D). Can anyone please briefly explain the circuit attached below. I wanted to know the working of watchdog with U37 (TPS3808).

Regards

Hemant

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@hemanttiwari199 
Hello,

It is highly recommended to remove power from all components on the board in the event of a processor reset in order to avoid checking states of components, critical for rebooting the system, if they are in the necessary state to support reboot. So, full system (board) Power On Reset may be recommended for reboot (via WDOG). Look at TPS3808G30DBVT (U37) circuit on the reference design.

Regards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Vincent

on Sabre SD board wdog1 resets pmic with PMIC_PWRON using U37 on sch-28590 p.23

Schematics (2)

Design files for i.MX 7Dual (REV D)

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files for i.MX 7Dual (REV D)

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

The same solution should be used with wdog4.

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vsiles
Senior Contributor I

Thank you, it was quite helpful.

From IMX7DCEC.pdf I can read that WDOG2 is reserved for secure use, so I'll try with it (this was missing from thereference manual). Also I can read that:

NOTE

WDOGx_B output signals (for each one of the Watchdog modules) do not

have dedicated pins, but are muxed out through the IOMUX. See the IOMUXC chapter of the

i.MX 7Dual Application Processor Reference Manual (IMX7DRM) for detailed information.

Does it mean I need to configure the IOMUX to achieve reset ?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Correct, it is needed to configure the IOMUX to achieve (hardware) reset

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos