iMXRT1024 How to get the parameters of the on-chip flash memory?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMXRT1024 How to get the parameters of the on-chip flash memory?

Jump to solution
JasonGT93
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm using the i.MX RT1024 evaluation board and migrating an old project from K66 to this processor.

In this project, I have my own bootloader with diffeterent initialization task, including the flash initialization and our map memory. I have migrated the drivers using the example "evkmimxrt1024_fsl_romapi".

On the future, we pretend to use the i.MX RT1020 processor with a external flash memory for another project and cause of this we need to know the way to get the size of the flash memory with FlexSPI or similar.

In the example, the function FLEXSPI_NorFlash_GetVender_ID() included in the code can read the manufacturer ID, I tried to implement something like that but I couldnt get the data.

In other post, I read that this microprocessor has a 4MB Winbond W25Q32JV memory. Is this correct?

Because of this memory support the JEDEC standard I should be able to get the size of the memory using a command with QSPI.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JasonGT93 ,

You are correct, RT1024 contains the on board 4MB Winbond W25Q32JV memory.

You can find the information from the RT1024 RM:

kerryzhou_0-1654767206920.png

In fact, just a winbond chip put into the RT1024.

This is the fixed 4M flash, if you want to use larger flash, you need to use the external flash connect to the flexSPI interface, just like the normal RT1020 series.

Best Regards,

Kerry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JasonGT93 ,

You are correct, RT1024 contains the on board 4MB Winbond W25Q32JV memory.

You can find the information from the RT1024 RM:

kerryzhou_0-1654767206920.png

In fact, just a winbond chip put into the RT1024.

This is the fixed 4M flash, if you want to use larger flash, you need to use the external flash connect to the flexSPI interface, just like the normal RT1020 series.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos