iMX93 evk - uboot.bin not visible in SD card

Jump to solution
KHL
Contributor I

Hi,

I prepared a SD card using the provide command of

sudo dd if=imx-image-full-imx93evk.wic of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1M && sync

The evk can be booted up with no issue.

I change the uboot in SD using the following command, the image is from the yocto project

sudo dd if=u-boot-spl.bin-sd-2022.04-r0 of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=1k seek=32 conv=fsync

The evk cannot boot up.

The question I have, using the dd command, should I flash the .bin or .elf uboot, since I see both files.

When I browse the SD card, I can see the boot partition filled with DTBs and a Image.bin, no file on uboot ? where is the uboot image stored ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
9 Replies
jiada
Contributor III

Hi @cesarbonetz 

can you check if uboot image is included in your .wic file?

for me, I didn't use pre-built .wic image, but built boot image from imx-yocto project

following are what I did to generate boot image and flash it to sdcard

$ mkdir imx-bsp-6.1.1-1.0.0

$ cd imx-bsp-6.1.1-1.0.0

$ repo init -u https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-manifest -b imx-linux-langdale -m imx-6.1.1-1.0.0.xml

$ repo sync

$ MACHINE=imx93evk DISTRO=fsl-imx-xwayland source ./imx-setup-release.sh -b bld-imx93evk

$ bitbake imx-boot

after build completes.

flashed boot image "tmp/work/imx93evk-poky-linux/imx-boot/1.0-r0/deploy-imx-boot/imx-boot-tagged" to my sdcard

with command

$ sudo dd if=imx-boot-tagged of=/dev/sda bs=1k seek=32 conv=fsync

Hope this can help

Thanks,
Jiada

jiada
Contributor III

Hello

I am also trying to replace uboot image, after flash 

imx-image-multimedia-imx93evk.wic (extracted from LF_v6.1.36-2.1.0_images_IMX93EVK.zip)
to my sdcard, I also don't see uboot image in boot partition (only kernel image and dtb file)

how can I replace uboot image? so that my imx93 evk board can boot from sdcard?
ps: I have set SW1301[3:0] to 0010
(I don't want to download uboot image to emmc yet, only want to test different uboot images from sdcard)

Thanks,
Jiada
0 Kudos
jiada
Contributor III

Hello,

seems there is issue with imx-image-multimedia-imx93evk.wic extracted from LF_v6.1.36-2.1.0_images_IMX93EVK.zip

with a manually built wic image, I am able to boot from sdcard

thanks,

jiada

0 Kudos
cesarbonetz
Contributor I
Hi jiada,
I'm trying to load the default .wic provided by LF_v6.1.36-2.1.0_images_IMX93EVK.zipper to SD but, even with the pins set correctly, the board gives no sign of life.
Which file of the BSP provided by NXP should i copy (dd) on the SD to just let uboot start with uart terminal on debug usb? I tried also "imx-boot-imx93evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot" but it does not work...
I copy the .wic files (i tried both full and multimedia versions) using dd as explained in the documentation but uboot does not start (serial led does not work). Did you find a solution to this?
Thanks in advance,
cesarbonetz
0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

did you use prebulit bsp 6.1 image? if yes, try to use the "imx-boot-imx93evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot" as uboot, I also attached it, you can try this uboot

0 Kudos
KHL
Contributor I

Hi Joanxie,

The prebuilt uboot works. Thanks. Is there any reference document on how can I replace just the uboot in the SD card with own build uboot ?

0 Kudos
joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos
yixinchi
Contributor I

Hello, I am using the MCIMX93 development board. I currently use UUU to download imx-boot-imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot and download it to emmc. The entire command is: uuu - b emmc_all imx-boot-imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot, I now need to know where this uboot is in emmc, so as to do uboot online update

0 Kudos
sbmd_1234
Contributor I
Hi

I am trying this command :

uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot core-image-minimal-imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk-20240620121948.rootfs.wic

it is giving an error like :

3:4-CA95C0A2 1/ 1 [HID(W): LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT (-7) ] SDPS: boot -scanterm -f imx-boot-imx93-11x11-lpddr4x-evk-sd.bin-flash_singleboot -sca

Although I have tried changing the USB cable also, checked the BOOT MODE switch i.e (0011) still no change same error is coming what other necessary actions I can take to resolve this issue please suggest as I guess I am not doing anything wrong here.

Thanks & regards
Shubham
0 Kudos