cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8MQ support in Buildroot with Weston/Wayland

hiteshviradiya
Contributor III

Dear NXP Executive,

Do we support imx8mq evk in build-root fully? I know it does support basic configurations but what I mean fully is the following:

VIV GPU demos running via Wayland similar to Yocto

Qt5 demos can connect to Wayland display and renders the GUI similar to Yocto.

I have been playing with the configurations https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot.git and tried enabling various flags with configs/freescale_imx8mqevk_defconfig using menuconfig but I still don't see Wayland display and any of the demos fails with the error below:

# /usr/share/examples/viv_samples/tiger/tiger
vdk_create_display(955): wl_display_connect failed
vdkGetDisplay() failed.
CreateWindow() failed.

This means that wayland server is not running and any of the wayland client when tries to connect it fails with the error above.

Any input is highly appreciated !!

--

Thanks,

Hitesh

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Hitesh,

The QT work well in yocto, we don´t  have any experience with buildroot but apparently this is for 32Libs. however, the wl_display_connect, connects to a Wayland socket that was previously opened by a Wayland server. The server socket must be placed in XDG_RUNTIME_DIR when WAYLAND_DISPLAY is a simple name, for this function to find it. The server socket is also allowed to exist at an arbitrary path.

Regards

0 Kudos

hiteshviradiya
Contributor III

I have enabled most of libs but I am not aware of how to start Wayland server ! ?

It will be great if you can provide some more information

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hitesh,

Do not know in build root but for yocto you can see the Linux BSP documentation:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=imx-yocto-L4.14.98_2.0.0_ga 

Regards

0 Kudos