Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8MM, Cortex-M4 SDK, GPIO example => question about IOMUXC root clock

Jump to solution
Raal
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm going through the iMX8MM Cortex-M4 SDK examples. For the GPIO example, the BOARD_RdcInit() function calls CLOCK_EnableClock() function after configuring the RDC (ressource domain controller).

The first call to CLOCK_EnableClock() is with parameter 'kCLOCK_Iomux', which in turn is a tuple with the values (27U, 33U). Now, by examining the enable clock function, I can verify that the CCM_CCGR register #27 is written, which is the gate register for IOMUX.

However, I'm struggling with the value 33 defining the corresponding root clock. According to table 5-2. "System Clocks and Gating" of the iMX8M Mini reference manual, the IOMUX root clock is IPG_CLK_ROOT, but I can't find this clock in Table 5-1. "Clock Root Table" for which I assume the "slice index n" column equals the root clock number.
I'm pretty sure that I'm interpreting the values correctly: using the tuple for I2C1 (23U, 90U) as an example shows the correct values in table 5.1 and table 5.2.

So, my question is if:
1) table 5.1 "Clock Root Table" of the reference manual is incomplete OR
2) the SDK header file uses wrong values OR
3) my interpretation is wrong

I hope someone can clarify

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1) Yes, the table is incomplete
2) The header is correct, no issues with that
3) No, your interpretation is correct

Best regards,
Aldo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1) Yes, the table is incomplete
2) The header is correct, no issues with that
3) No, your interpretation is correct

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
Raal
Contributor III

Hello @AldoG 

Thank you for clarification. If I realize any further documentation issues while exploring the examples, how shall I handle them? Posting them here or is there a better way to report them?

Regards

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

it is ok to post them in a new post so we are able to track your findings, thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos
Raal
Contributor III

Hi Aldo,

okay, thank you.

Regards

0 Kudos