cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[iMX6UL] Unable To Boot After Flashing With UUU

jason_wang_cyp
Contributor I

Hi all,

Previously I was able to successfuly flash and boot up a custom board based on i.MX6UL using uuu with a simple script:

uuu -b emmc_all <custom-image.wic.bz2>

I am trying to including additional binaries into the device during the flashing process, so I tested out the example script provided by NXP. However after (successfully) flashing with the following configuration I am no longer able to boot the board.

I've tried to revert by reflashing using the previous way, but the board still won't boot up.

Heres my observations:

• I am able to successfully flash the device. I've tried flashing my custom image, only the bootloader, using the old mfgtools etc, they all complete without error. While flashing in serial download mode, I am able to "jump" into u-boot and boot the kernel up. I believe this means the image and emmc is working fine?
  • When I switch the board to internal boot mode, nothing shows up on the console output. I believe this means not even u-boot started?

Is there anyway for me to debug where the problem occured and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Jason

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you share the serial terminal log?
If you can boot and get into kernel using UUU or MFGTool it won't necessary mean that it flashed correctly or if the images flashed are correct.

If flashing finish correctly and booting from other media you can access eMMC and is able to boot from the images in the eMMC then I'll suggest to check the boot configuration in your custom board.

Best regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos