Thank you in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yanz 

There may be several reasons why you fail to load your program in debug mode. For example, the processor does accepts SWD/JTAG connections, the external NOR QSPI flash is not supported by the flash programing driver of MCUXpresso, image settings are not okay etc.

I think that the simplest approach is confirming that the MCU is able to boot a simply Blinky image by itself. Is your MCU able to do this?

The MCU boot Utility already provides example images at different offsets that we can use for testing, see apps folder inside tool package. You can use the MCU boot utility to program an image with simplicity.

Please let me know your results or if you have any further questions.

Diego

0 Kudos

yanz
Contributor III

Thank you for you response.

MCU boots to SDRAM from that flash in case that no flash defined (even if I use the same sample).

MCU boot utility recognizes this flash and burns bootable images I produced.

I don't want to try example images with different offset but produce images by myself, and this is a different, isn't it?

Could you please check settings I attached in topic?

How can I set offset for file on flash without adding flash to memory map?

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @yanz 

Regarding image offset

In a simple response, If you want  to put your application with an offset you will need to specify the image entry address  in the entry section of the  IVT (image vector table). If you browse the following macro, this where application is placed, for example at 0x6000_2000, where vector table is located

#define IMAGE_ENTRY_ADDRESS ((uint32_t)__Vectors

Regarding your settings

I have seen that you have changed the .cfx driver than the one we typically use on i.MX RT1050 EVKB  SDK projects ( MIMXRT1060_SFDP_QSPI.cfx instead MIMXRT1050-EVK_S26KS512S.cfx) I agree with that change, for supporting generic NOR flash memories, not the default Hyper Flash memory, unless there is no driver for your NOR flash memory.

Regarding the 0x20b4e8

We have the AN12108 How to Enable Boot from QSPI Flash , that provides an overview for IAR tools, a critical point  discussed in the application note is the boot pin settings. You need to make sure that your design has the proper boot pin settings, for example 0b0010 . See figure  QSPI Flash Boot Mode Configuration.

If  you do not have the proper boot pin setting, when debugging you may see that the stack pointer is in ROM address space(0x20b4e8) , not in  flash space ( for example, 0x60xx_xxxx). For example, if you try to debug when the boot pins are set into serial downloader mode, or for another memory.

You mention that the MCUBoot Utility is able to burn the images you produce, but is your design able to boot the simple boot images from the tool? 

If you are still having problems are you able to let me know your NOR flash memory  model?

Many thanks for your patience and all the best, 

Diego

0 Kudos