cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX93 EVK - RAM limitation to 1024MB leads to boot failure

TOM__
Contributor I

Hello,

We are currently working with an i.mx93 EVK and are interested in conducting a performance evaluation using only 1GB of RAM, instead of the built-in 2GB. To achieve this, we have passed the command line parameter "mem=1024MB". However, we have encountered an issue where the boot process fails at "cma_init_reserved_areas" (please refer to the attached logs).

We have found a workaround by disabling CMA for the NPU in the device tree (by removing all NPU-related nodes), but we also wish to use the NPU. Is there a way to successfully boot with only 1GB of RAM while still using the NPU?

Best regards,

TOM__

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

srinivas_123
Contributor II

hi , i am using nxp imx8m plus in custom board. i changed the Dram size to 1gb, frequency to 2400MTS.

while booting i am also got kernel . how to resolve this issue . please help me out

0 Kudos

TOM__
Contributor I

Hi @Rita_Wang 

Thank you for the answer. Can you please explain in more detail what is meant by "readjust memory space allocation" and how to achieve this?

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think if you run the RAM with 1GB,  you may need readjust memory space allocation not only modify the "mem=1024MB".

Still recommend you to use the 2GB if you run the NPU.

0 Kudos