i.MX8 Flashing via JTAG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 Flashing via JTAG

martin_raubuch
Contributor I

We need to program a FlexSPI boot device via the JTAG interface of an i.MX8QM.
Using the Mfg tool is not possible, this is a custom hardware and the USB port is not accessible for programming.
The i.MX8QM is factory fresh, no fuses burnt.
Preferred solution would be to download and execute a small bootloader (self-developed) to the SCU's TCM.
What we understood so far from various documents:

• After a SoC reset and boot start the SECO will generate a reset after 300ms if no FW is loaded to the SECO by the SCU which can be successfully authenticated by the SECO. The SCU can prevent this reset by sending periodc messages to the SECO via MU.
  • FW loaded into the SCU TCM can only be started after authentication by the SECO

Questions:

1. If the above understanding is correct does it mean it is not possible to download and execute an unauthenticated bootloader to the SCU without loading FW to the SECO first. If it is possible such a bootloader could send messages to the SECO via MU to prevent SoC resets by the SECO.
  2. Assuming a bootloader can be downloaded to the SCU and can be executed are there other prerequisites to access and program an external FLASH device connected to FlexSPI port ? If FlexSPI is selected as boot device is the I/f enabled automatically by the boot ROM (clock, pin-MUX, ...).
  3. Is there another proposed way to program external FlexSPI FLASH devices via JTAG ?

Thanks for your help,

Martin

1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Martin,

I’m afraid that i.MX8QM family is still on preproduction, and we cannot provide additional information or support through this channel yet. In case of requiring help about i.MX8QM, please directly contact with your Sales/FAE.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos