cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8 Flash Android to SD card

yashodha
Contributor I

Dear all,

I'm using i.MX8M Mini board. I need to install the latest Android 14 on the SD card and boot from the SD card. 

I followed the instructions as described in UG10157 Android Quick Start Guide, And I used the beloved command to flash OS to the SD card.

uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -a -e -u -t sd -c 28

But it not flash instead got following.

yashodha_0-1724347006407.png

I waited for a longer time but nothing happened after this. I'm using SD card with SD card to USB adapter.

My question is how can flash an Android 14 image to SD using Windows? What causes to above problem?

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 Replies

clay_miller
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Also note on a Windows machine you may require additional USB-to-serial drivers. More information can be found in section 1.4 at the link below or in the getting started guide associated with each EVK.

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/getting-started-with-the-i-mx-8m-mini-evkb:GS-iMX-8M-Mini-EVK?sec...
0 Kudos

clay_miller
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yashodha,

Using the files in the latest android release on the NXP website for the 8mm (14.0.0_2.0.0) and the latest uuu.exe (mfgtools/releases/tag/uuu_1.5.182):

I just tested this with a 16G sd card and it was successful. I also tested with the -c 28 flag and the uuu tool was able to continue until it tripped an error about having the wrong partition table format (using my 16gb card). 

<I'm using SD card with SD card to USB adapter.>

Using the uuu tool shouldn't require a USB to SD card adapter.

Procedure looks like the following: 

1. Boot Switch is set to serial download mode as shown in section 6 of your guide (UG10157.)

2. Insert MicroSD card into sdcard slot on EVK.

3. Connect power.

4. Connect a USB C cable to one of the Download port on your EVK and the other end to you PC.

5. Run your command: uuu_imx_android_flash.bat -f imx8mm -a -e -t sd -c 28

6. After completion. Set Boot Switch to SD boot mode.

7. Connect a the USB debug cable

8. Open COM port via serial terminal window.

9. Toggle power or hit reset button on EVK

10. Watch Android boot.

Regards,

Clay

0 Kudos