i.MX7 Kernel Config

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX7 Kernel Config

ryanschaefer
Contributor IV

Linux Kernel v4.9.11_1.0.0_ga commit 427eb83 fails to build when only configured for IMX7D SOC. A diff for the kernel configuration patch as attached. Putting this here because the imx kernel repository has no public facing issue tracker.

gcc version 7.3.0

Compiler Output:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `imx7d_charger_primary_detection':
core.c:(.text+0x24df58): undefined reference to `bq2429x_set_ilim'
arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx_anatop_pre_suspend':
platform-imx-dma.c:(.text+0xf5c): undefined reference to `imx_gpc_usb_wakeup_enabled'
platform-imx-dma.c:(.text+0xf68): undefined reference to `imx_gpc_enet_wakeup_enabled'
arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx_anatop_post_resume':
platform-imx-dma.c:(.text+0x10d0): undefined reference to `imx_gpc_usb_wakeup_enabled'
platform-imx-dma.c:(.text+0x10dc): undefined reference to `imx_gpc_enet_wakeup_enabled'
Makefile:969: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Thanks,

Ryan

EDIT:

Building also fails if config option CONFIG_ARM_IMX6Q_CPUFREQ is not set. This should also be fixed.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Ryan,

Can you please share the link of the git repository where you fetch to download the committ that you are mention?.

0 Kudos

ryanschaefer
Contributor IV

http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/linux-imx.git/log/?h=imx_4.9.11_1.0.0_ga 

The commit I shared is the head of freescale provided linux git repository branch imx_4.9.11_1.0.0_ga. I agree that NXP's kernel repositories are not friendly and should be unified.

0 Kudos