i.MX6SX GPIO voltage select (USB_H_STROBE)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6SX GPIO voltage select (USB_H_STROBE)

Jump to solution
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi all.

Looking in the Reference Manual of the i.MX 6SoloX processor, chapter 35 (IOMUXC), there are some pads which seem to have selectable output voltage. In particular, I'm speeking about the USB_H_STROBE pad. The DSE field of the IOMUXC_SW_PAD_CTL_PAD_USB_H_STROBE register allows to set the output resistor, where each value corresponds to three different resistors, conditioned by some "mode". E.g. the default value 110 corresponds to 43 Ohm @ 3.3V, 25 Ohm@1.8V, 40 Ohm for DDR.

My question is how to switch between the voltage "modes", i.e. how to switch the output voltage between 3.3V and 1.8V.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Petr

some iomux pad regsiters have LVE bit - Low Voltage Enable Field,

this pad has not such selection, so it is necessary just to set appropriate

NVCC_USB_H voltage according to Table 11. Operating ranges  i.MX6SX Datasheet

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6SXCEC.pdf

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Petr

some iomux pad regsiters have LVE bit - Low Voltage Enable Field,

this pad has not such selection, so it is necessary just to set appropriate

NVCC_USB_H voltage according to Table 11. Operating ranges  i.MX6SX Datasheet

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX6SXCEC.pdf

Best regards

igor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kubiznak_petr
Contributor V

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply. So I suppose the mentioned DSE field description is incorrect in case of the USB_H_xxx pads. But that does not really hurt me now.

Thank you, Petr

0 Kudos