i.MX RT1166 SysTick Interrupt Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX RT1166 SysTick Interrupt Issue

pconway
Contributor II

We have been observing an issue when running code on i.MX RT1166 (CM7 core) where the SysTick interrupt does not appear to fire or is masked out. However, it is unclear why this is the case.

Code is loaded to SRAM via JTAG and run from the Rowley CrossStudio environment. From some research online, it is mentioned that the Debug Halting Control and Status Register (DHCSR) has the ability to mask interrupts including the SysTick. However, I can't see a means of accessing this within CrossStudio to check its behaviour, or indeed see any settings which might be used to alter this behaviour within the GUI.

Is the DHCSR something which a debug environment like CrossStudio would normally interact with anyway? And how would we be able to check its value? (if we can) Or could you suggest other avenues of investigation for this SysTick interrupt issue?

Many thanks!

Kind regards,

Patrick Conway,

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is the DHCSR something that a debug environment like CrossStudio would normally interact with anyway? And how would we be able to check its value? (if we can) Or could you suggest other avenues of investigation for this SysTick interrupt issue?
-- Actually, I have zero experience with the Rowley CrossStudio environment, however, in my opinion, I don't think the issue is related to the DHCSR or CrossStudio.
To be prudent, I'd like to know whether the code can work well in non-debug condition, further, I was wondering if you can introduce the board and code you testing with.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos