Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX 93 LPDDR4/4X-3733 routing recommendations

Jump to solution
TTamura_Apollo_Giken
Contributor II

Hello.
I have a question about i.MX93 LPDDR4 routing design.

Are the values listed in “Table 16. i.MX 93 LPDDR4/4X-3733 routing recommendations” in the i.MX93 Hardware Guide the delay values calculated when designing Allegro?
The delay time is considered as part of the routing design, but the simulation results show a slight discrepancy because the delay time is not determined by the routing length alone.

2.CK_T/CK_C is listed as Max 200ps, but in “Table 17. LPDDR4/4X delay matching example (CA/CTL signals)”, “Total Net Delay = (PCB + Pkg) Delay” exceeds 200ps.
(Are these values also Allegro design values or values from simulation results?)

3. The following is described in the “Considerations” section.
Match CA5, CA4, CA3, CA2 within 2 ps
Match CA1, CA0, CKE1, CKE0 within 2 ps
Why do the delay times have to be matched within a group?
I don't see the need to match the delay time so strictly, since I think that as long as the delay is kept to the clock standard as a signal, there is no problem in operation.

I think it is better to align the minimum necessary wiring length (delay time) within the operating range, because adjusting the wiring length more than necessary will adversely affect signal quality and crosstalk effects.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For your question please see the update to you:

1. Agree with you, the delay time is not determined by the routing length alone.
The Table 16 is the recommendations of the LPDDR4/4X-3733 routing design, and we put some timing margin into the table to make sure all customer can success on the board design if they followed the table.

2. The values on Table 17 is come from the i.MX93 EVK, means we already verified it on EVK.

3. Sorry for the strictly requirement, but please follow the routing recommendations because we already verify it by EVK.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

For your question please see the update to you:

1. Agree with you, the delay time is not determined by the routing length alone.
The Table 16 is the recommendations of the LPDDR4/4X-3733 routing design, and we put some timing margin into the table to make sure all customer can success on the board design if they followed the table.

2. The values on Table 17 is come from the i.MX93 EVK, means we already verified it on EVK.

3. Sorry for the strictly requirement, but please follow the routing recommendations because we already verify it by EVK.

TTamura_Apollo_Giken
Contributor II

Hi Rita_Wang

Thanks for the answer.
The delay calculation values in the hardware guide are for the Allegro design and will be used for the wiring design.
I understood that the specs take into account that the simulation results may cause delay variations.

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I will confirm it and then give you update.